Terms & Conditions
Arrival & Departure
Due to the current situation in the world, we have had to make changes to our arrival and departure times to ensure a deep clean can be carried out between each visitor. Your holiday cottage will be available from 4.30pm on your arrival day, and must be vacated by 9.30am on the last day of your holiday.
On arrival, your holiday cottage will be clean and tidy. We would appreciate it if you could leave it in a similar state when you leave. All bins must be emptied and rubbish placed in the external dustbins.
If keys are not returned, or lost a surcharge of £150 will be required to cover costs for new locks to be installed
Electricity & Heating
There is no additional charge.
At present, Chynhale Barns do not have charging points for electric cars (although this is planned for in the future). We politely request that if you have an electric car, you do not run an extension lead from your cottage to charge it. If you do this, Chynhale Barns reserves the right to retain your damages deposit and invoice you for projected additional electric usage.
All bed linen and towels are supplied.
Parking is available for one car per holiday cottage, unless prior arrangements are discussed.
Pets are allowed at the holiday cottages, however, the following must be abided by:
- Dogs must not be left on their own in the holiday cottage for long periods of time (ie, a full day)
- Dogs must be well behaved and kept under control at all times
- Any ‘mess’ made by the dog within the grounds, must be cleaned up immediately
- A surcharge of £15 per dog is required
There are lots of beautiful public footpaths and bridleways in the immediate area. We would be happy to give you information on these so that you and your dog can make the most of your holiday
A 25% deposit is due on reservation of the holiday cottage
The remaining balance is to be paid within one month prior to your holiday. A £200 deposit must also be paid at this stage. As long as no damage is done to the property, this will be returned to you within 14days after your holiday
If your holiday has to be cancelled due to Covid 19 resulting in a national lockdown or Tiered lockdown then you can either receive a full refund of any monies paid, or chose an alternative holiday date
If you are bringing your dogs on holiday with you, an additional charge of £15 per dog is required.
Any breakages or damage done to the fixtures, fittings, furniture, utensils, and similar must be paid for by the guests out of their £200 deposit. If the damage exceeds this amount, Chynhale Barn Holiday cottages will bill you for the additional sum which must be paid within 14days.
In the case of a cancellation:
- You will receive back any monies paid if it is 8weeks or more prior to your arrival date.
- If you cancel between the 4th and 8th week prior to your holiday we will retain the 25% deposit
- You are required to pay the full rental amount if you cancel your holiday booking in the month before your stay. However, if we manage to re-let the holiday cottage for this period, we will refund you, minus £35 administration fees
- See our Covid Page for alternative cancellation T&C
If there is any problem whatsoever during your holiday (which we hope there won’t be), you must notify Chynhale Barn Holiday Cottages immediately and we will do everything we can to resolve your problem. Any complaints received after your holiday cannot be acted upon.
Chynhale Barn Holiday Cottages cannot be held liable for any loss, damage, injury, or sickness to any of our guests, their property, or vehicle during their holiday.